Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Gates & Siding & T-Shirts...Oh My!

What the heck have we been doing for the past 2 weeks you ask?  Well honey, grab a sweet tea and sit down a spell, and let me fill you in....

Aside from the fact that I've been SOOOO bad about posting the blog, we've been quite busy.  Both working on the barn and also meeting with brides, stalking their Pinterest, designing tablescapes and all the FUN FUN Stuff that comes along with my amazing line of work!  
(Oh yeah, not to mention soccer & tee ball are now happening simultaneously...Good Lawd!  People with more than one "mini-you"...my hats off!!)

We've had a gorgeous several days of sun and we've taken full advantage of that.  I've donned my tank top in hopes of catching some rays while I work - I forget how tired you get when you do manual labor in the hot sun!  Geesh, I've been wiped out!  Alas, I digress...


Gates
Yesterday, we got the gate put up at the entrance to The Barn and worked on getting the road "aired" out and hopefully dried up a bit so we can add some shale or gravel.
I have a lot of refinishing to do on the gate.  As with everything else out here, it's an old piece of fence panel, the i've repurposed as a gate.  I'm going to paint it and sand it down to fit with our look - but that's the fun part :o)  I will post pics as soon as I begin the finish work on the gate...I am looking forward to it!!  Next step on that will be adding the gate opener (yes, because I'm too lazy to get out and open the dang thing every time I pass through it).
This is before we cut the panel and hinged it on....still lots of refinishing to do - it is going to be a great entrance gate once we're done...plus we will be adding "Twin Oaks Ranch" to it.  


& SIDING
Tomorrow, we will be getting the remainder of the siding to finish the back of the barn (that you can see here).  The remainder of the siding will also be what we use to build the big barn doors.  I cannot stress how much my iPhone pictures do NOT do this justice.

This is the back side of The Barn....we will be putting on rest of siding next week.
You can see the opening at the other end of The Barn...that will be the front double doors.
This is a refresher pic of the "other side" of The Barn - this pic is old, but I wanted you to be able to see both the front and back of The Barn.

Also, The Barn will be getting wired (as in electrically) in the next couple of weeks....Woo Hoo I'm Doing the Running Man - that means we can now listen to music while we work!  Not to mention, now that we have siding up, it's getting pretty dark in the barn...so we need a little light so we can see what we're doing.  Electricity = Greatness.
I'll be happy to kick that noisy generator we've been using to the curb.  I may actually go all "Office Space" on that thing now that I think about it!

This is a pic of the patio area getting the tin put on the roof. 
& T-Shirts are Here...T-Shirts are here!
The Keep Calm and Marry On t-shirts arrived this week and they are FaBuLoUs!  We had LOTS of sweet little barn heads pre-order shirts and now that we've accommodated all of them, we have just a handful of shirts left.  If you want one, I urge you to let us know via Facebook or email ASAP.   We may be down to only having around 10 shirts left, seriously!!
If you want one grab it while they last ($15 each)


...OH MY!
A few other things we've been up to:  Putting out bug killer (yes we are in THE NATURAL STATE, thus all things "nature" come with it), burning brush piles, planting seed, consulting with our landscaper  (New Digs = Amazing), prepping for photo shoots, oh yeah and.....
GETTING THE MOST AMAZING BLUE RIBBON EVAH.....
We haven't even had time to get them our profile info to post on their website, but when it's up, we will shout it from the rooftops!  If you don't know Southern Weddings Magazine, you are missing out on the best wedding magazine out there (Sorry Martha!).

That's all for now barn-heads....We've got some fun stuff in the blog for next week (and yeah, yeah, I'll post it on time, I promise).


3 comments:

  1. It seems you still have a lot of work to do with the barn. Hopefully, you can finish that as soon as possible. And yup, it would be great if there is electricity in that barn. Umm…what is the color of the barn's sidings? Painting it white would be nice. Neat and simple.

    Sandra Ludwig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! It sounded like a lot of work, but I can see that you were able to pull it off. Paying attention to details with your exterior is a must since it is your barn's primary protection against the weather. I believe you were able to complete it by this time, so I hope it's doing great. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Saundra Wordlaw @ Ports Mouth Area Roofing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been a year now, and I'm sure you're done with the construction of your barn. What materials did you use for the siding? I hope it's durable and can resist extreme heat. All your efforts will be wasted if the barn just collapses due to low quality materials.

    #LeakProofRoof.net

    ReplyDelete