Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dear Ol' Dumptruck...

Feeling HOT HOT HOT!
A 72 degree day really gets me in the mood to start thinking about gardening and landscaping.  But before I start all that, we've got a barn to complete.  We finished putting the last part of the roof framing for the barn today, the electrical conduit has arrived and I happened across some amazing wooden spools that we will be using for awesome decor.  So, it's been a pretty great day!




Up to my ears in ba, ba, ba, ba, boxes!
Now that I'm at home I've been stuffing boxes, stuffing boxes, stuffing boxes.  If you participated in our Facebook Fan Giveaway in January, then you are getting ready to find out what boxes I'm stuffing!  
I can't wait to drop these bad boys in the mail tomorrow....because I have a fun little contest in mind.


Grab a Kleenix...
On a somber note, our sweet little chicken, Dumptruck (my 4 year old named him/her), traveled to to greener pastures today, where the creeks flow with golden corn and lay pellets fall from the sky.  While putting out hay, Dumptruck was found in my barn (not The Barn).  It seems as though he/she was stepped on by one of our horses.  I know, it's awful, but it's just life on a farm.  If you have a lot of animals, odds are not all of them are going to be around for a long time.  Dumptruck is survived by his trusty pal Ding-a-ling (also named by my 4 year old).  Ding-a-ling is a big white duck that is a spitting image of the Aflac duck, and he has been so sad today.  So, our poultry count was cut in half today by some horsing around (ok, not funny... I know - but if I don't laugh about it, I'll cry).
  
Dumptruck
2010-2012
(L to R)  Dumptruck & Ding-a-ling

I cannot leave you on that sad note.  So, I'm going to ask you this:  

Question:
What do these cities all have in common?
East End, Arkansas
Las Vegas, Nevada
Russellville, Arkansas
Dallas, Texas
Statesboro, Georgia
Iowa Park, Texas
Conway, Arkansas

Answer:
These are just a few of the cities in which our 2012 Brides are coming from.  
I know, right?!!  AMAZING!!

That's all for now barn heads!  Nighty Night!




1 comment:

  1. So sad about Dumptruck, guess you might have to get Ding-a-Ling a new friend! Awesome about all your brides coming in from all over!!!! :))

    ReplyDelete