Monday, February 27, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like.......A Barn!!!!


I am sitting here in my comfy, cozy chair and I'm becoming more and more frustrated as I watch The Bachelor.  Since I can no longer watch this nonsense, I've decided to write my blog.   Why does The Bachelor always fall for the crazy, psycho one?!  And why do I get sucked into these awful, un-reality shows, they are so scripted and predictable.....Uggghh, (enter a big, awful, long SIGH here)!

And now, back to the barn....
So we've gone from a skeleton-frame of a barn to getting some tin on the roof!  Um, did you hear what I just said?  Hold on to your bootstraps as I repeat it......WE GOT SOME TIN ON THE ROOF TODAY!!!
And I built a bridge.  I took on the project of the bridge that will go over the creek connecting The Barn to the Bridal Suite and Restrooms.  Yes, me alone - so I'm contemplating naming this bridge GIRL POWER!!!  Ok, not really, but that would be a ridiculously great name for a bridge, right?!
Anyway, everything is well on it's way to becoming finalized.  I'm so happy with the progression and we are right on schedule.

The Bridge on Sunday.

(ok ok, so my husband helped me HOLD some boards on Sunday because I don't have 9 arms - but it's still a GIRL POWER bridge).

The Bridge today.
The barn around 2pm today....the first piece of tin goes up....MAJOR MILESTONE!!!
The barn around 5:30pm today.....Hooray for Tin!!


"So....What's it Gonna Look Like on the Inside?"
Well, blog, I'm glad you asked!  If any of you read our write up on The Wedding Post's blog back in November there were 2 photos that were picked especially because they give a good representation of what the walls inside the barn will be like.  Granted, the walls of our barn are not going up until after we complete the tin on the roof, it is going to be spectacular.  I absolutely cannot wait for it to be finished.  We have some amazing and unique things in store for our photo shoot, once the barn is complete.
This is NOT our barn...but this is similar to what the interior will be like.


Open Barn?   Yes, Please!
Also, we will be holding an "Open Barn" event once The Barn is open.  This event will be an invitation-only event for our current booked brides, wedding industry profesionals and some lucky winners of contests we will be holding via our Facebook page, so make sure you stay tuned-in to our Facebook for your chance to score a fab invite.  

- Show Us Your Can - 
The "Show Us Your Can" contest is going on right now.  If you have one of our Barn Koozies, we are asking you to post creative pictures of where your koozie has been.  The photo that receives the most "likes" will win an invite for 2 to our "Open Barn" event.   Contest runs through March 31, 2012.
This is our "Show Us Your Can" Contribution.  I call it:  Can on Horseback!
If you don't have a koozie, you can get one for $5 (postage is included in the cost).  Just send us an email with your mailing address and we'll forward you the pay link.  You can email us at barnattwinoaksranch@yahoo.com

These are our koozies....they are double sided.
This is the other side of them.


As always feel free to post your comments below - we love hearing from you.
Wow...I had a lot to say today!  

That's all for now barn heads.....adios muchachos!!
(thank goodness The Bachelor is over now)

No comments:

Post a Comment