Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Eve



I'll set the mood with a little diddy 
(not about Jack & Diane...but about you and your lover).

This song is going at the beginning of my blog today so that you can listen while you read.  This is currently my #1 hot & steamy valentines love song.  I adore Josh Abbott Band, and this has always been one of my favorites, but it is super duper fitting for Valentines day.  So, have a listen and tell me if it doesn't make you want to go steam up some car windows with your Valentine.....Raaawr!




A Vintage Lovestory...
just in time for Valentines Day!


We were honored to get to design and style a photoshoot for Melissa McCrotty's advanced photography class over the weekend.  Originally it was supposed to be at Twin Oaks Ranch, but the weather was just too darn cold.  Here are just a few of my favorite pics from the shoot.


The cotton wreaths were a last minute add-on.  I think they looked pretty awesome!
 
I loved the cotton boll for the groom's boutonniere, with a touch of quail feather to make it that much more vintage.

One of Melissa's marketing designs is raw cotton, so we used lots of it in the design of this palate.  It was so much fun!  We were a bit bummed that we had to do it indoors in a "not so pretty" room, but we made it work and were happy with the outcome.   

Oh, it's just a quick styled shoot....NOT!

Believe it or not, there is a TON of work that goes into just doing a "simple" styled shoot.  Thank you so much to one of our fabulous interns, Victoria (whom I will call the Iron Diva from now on).  She was in charge of making sure all of our linens were wrinkle free - and she did a fab job!  She rocked our pink event iron with style!   Another big 'ole thanks to Cindy for helping clean water spots, stage the shoot and attempt to slice & fan fresh strawberries :o)   
imgres.jpg
This is our pink event iron - it is wonderous!


Valentines Day in a box...Heck Yeah!

I am so stoked (can't believe I just said stoked) about this super cute dishtowel I received from my Texas Valentine that I must show it off.  It has an adorable pair of valentine boots embroidered on it.  I love a cute pair of boots....and now I can dry my hands on a pair!  
You can find your own cutie-patootie towel at Kohls.


Here's a peekity Peek at what else was in my VDay in a box.

If you can't tell, I like frozen drinks....they make me feel like I'm on vacation!

It's hard to believe February is at the halfway point.  That just means the completion of THE BARN is that much closer.  I am so, so, so ready.  I cannot add enough so's to that sentence!

That's all for now barn heads....Enjoy your Valentines Day!

1 comment: