Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Danger....I'm Listening to my Texas Playlist!



Rainy days and cold weather days are so dangerous for me!  I am bound to the 4 walls of my "home office" and that gives me way too much time to think and dream of things to do to THE BARN.   I've got so many amazing ideas on my "Want To" list that it has become DANGEROUS!!


I wish so badly I could share with you my "Want To" list but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up!  It's funny though how music instantly can change your mood and thought processes.   


Uh Oh, I've got my tunes on...
I always seem to listen to music while I'm working from home and depending on what kind of music I'm listening to determines how wild and crazy my ideas become - (ie:  my "She's like the Wind" blog from last week made me just want to curl up on the couch and cry about Patrick Swayze and watch Dirty Dancing).

Right now I'm listening to my Texas Playlist with lots of Josh Abbott Band...love them (heck yeah,  Texas is awesome....just sayin') Anyway, my Texas playlist is really getting my creative wheels turing.


Josh Abbot Band - She's Like Texas music video
(The scenery in this video reminds me a little of THE BARN)

I'm curious if any of our readers have a song that really gets them PUMPED UP about doing things!  I would love to create a playlist made up strictly of songs from our BARN FANS.

If you have a song that really gets you pumped, leave your song in the comments section below....puuuurrdy please.

Barn Status Update....
We are currently finishing up our truss (pics coming soon, I promise).  We have been really lucky that we haven't encountered super bad winter weather.  I hope I'm not jinxing us by saying that!
I had to go and buy a ginormous (& heavy) bag of metal-to-wood screws this morning from the guys at Shamrock Bolt & Screw.  TIP....never buy screws at Lowes - you'll get screwed - ha ha!!

Next step on THE BARN will be to begin putting up the tin on the roof.  I will be overjoyed when we get to that step because we can work on the interior and side-walls regardless of the weather.


Booking Update - Save YOUR Date....
If you are seriously thinking of a 2012 wedding at THE BARN.  Please, please, please email us by clicking here Our Email because our calendar is quickly filling up.


We have very few Saturday dates still available and I don't want anyone missing out.  It's super easy to reserve your date and pick your collection later.

That's all for now Barn Heads (wink wink)!


(FYI....Josh Abbott Band's song "Oh Tonight" is the background song our website - I love the words to that song, reminds me of young love).  You can link to our website and take a listen here:  OUR WEBSITE

Here's one of my faves from our Fall Photo Shoot at THE BARN - this is Haley in front of one of our pallet bars.  This picture is very Rockstar meets Rustic!  The dress was AMAZING from Formal Affairs.  The beyond big hair bow was custom and it ROCKED!
Dress - Formal Affairs in Russellville
Makeup - Susann Crowell of Skin Renew
Hair - Megan Ford at Short Cuts Salon
Photography - Melissa McCrotty Photography
Model - Haley Perks
Shoot Styled by - Lesleigh Smith



1 comment:

  1. So funny that you like Josh Abbott! Haha! I love him and am going to walk in at my wedding to "She's Like Texas." Have been debating on whether to use "Oh Tonight" for our walking out song or possibly our entrance to the reception. We are using Wade Bowen for our 1st dance and I want Brandon Jenkins as a walk-in song "My Feet Don't Touch the Ground" but I want to see if I can change one word in the song! Don't know if I can do that or not though. Love, love, love Eli Young "Crazy Girl" and "Small Town Kid." Also love some Granger Smith!

    ReplyDelete