Thursday, January 12, 2012

She's Like the Wind!

Brrr....it's chilly outside.  I think today is a total stay-in-my-cozy-PJ-pants, catch-up-on-some-computer-work, kind of day.  If there's one thing I really don't like, it's being cold!  Is it sad that I got a pair of (pink) coveralls for Chrismas and I was excited?  It's because I know I'll now stay super warm while working on the barn ;o)
Coveralls = A total fashion disaster, so yes, the will get bedazzled.  But for now, I'm just happy to stay warm!

I woke up today thinking our teeny tiny camper-of-a-house was going to blow away!  The wind was blowing at about 100 mph (ok, maybe I exaggerate a little).  I think the cold front was blowing in!  All of our windows were fogged over and the horses were huddled up trying to keep warm.  When I opened our front door, the storm door about blew out of my hand - so I quickly shut it and decided to stay inside like hermit today!


I was searching my iTunes to find song about the wind and all I found was "She's Like the Wind" from Dirty Dancing.  Don't laugh, I love that song (and secretly I know you do too) - but it's a total chick tune.   It makes me sad now because Patrick Swayze is gone.  Ok, now I want to watch Dirty Dancing - so here's my Dirty Dancing fix for the day - enjoy!



I digress from The Barn...anyway, this is my view from my dining room looking out at the land where the barn is.  You can't see the barn from here, but you an see one of the ponds.  The barn site is way back past the tree line.  As you can see the horses have taken the liberty to move one of their feed buckets right in the middle of nowhere (they get angry when there's no food in them and carry them around in their mouth).

View from my dining room

So, this is my useless blog of the day!  You never know what I may have to say, so I hope you continue reading The Barn's blog!  

That's all for now barn-heads!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment