Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Meet Pappy!

He's the man with the plan, and the hammer, and the naills, and the equipment....and he's my granddad!
He's Pappy.  And those who are getting married at the barn are sure to encounter Pappy on your wedding day.

Photography by Melissa McCrotty Photography

He's probably one of the hardest working people on this earth and he would give the shirt off his back for anyone.  He has taught me the true meaning of working hard - not necessarily putting your mind to it - but actual physical hard work.  That is something not too many people do anymore (by choice).

If the sun is coming up, then Pappy's already done a days work.  You never know what project you might find him working on from day to day, but you are guaranteed that if you are anywhere near it, he'll put you to work.  I love my Pappy and he is the heart and soul of this Barn build.

If you are lucky enough to meet Pappy, make sure you have a while.  He'll tell you the entire history of the property if you let him.  Those blue eyes have seen a lot, those callused hands have worked many hours  - and I'm so glad I've been fortunate enough to learn from him.

2 comments:

  1. We certainly enjoyed meeting your Pappy! We enjoyed listening to him when he came to our place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pappy quite simply takes pleasure in everything about life. I have had the opportunity to meet this man, and to be honest I was totally amazed by him. He is truly one in a million and if you are lucky enough to meet him you will understand.

    ReplyDelete