Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hooray - A Blog!

First of all - hooray for me for joining the 21st Century & creating a blog!

Building a barn is hard work and makes for busy days!  Today wasn't as busy as usual due to the weather yesterday.  We got a really hard rain yesterday which made everything super soggy.  The winter months don't allow things to dry out very quickly, so we are still pretty soggy from December rains.  

Anyway, Pappy was hard at work fixing a roof on his tack room, so I pitched in and climbed up on the roof and helped replace boards and tin on the tack room roof.  While doing that, I received a message from the great and wonderful, Melissa McCrotty.  She reminded me that we had a photo shoot scheduled at The Barn today.  Nothing big, just some shots of us for an upcoming magazine article.

Yes, that's me on the roof!

After fixing the roof, I quickly showered, had to blow dry my forever thick hair (which takes FOREVER).  Then while getting dressed I took a phone call about a booking.  That put me behind!  
Finally, I arrived for the photoshoot about 10 minutes late (sorry Melissa) and we got going.  We took some fun pics of me and Pappy.  I haven't had a professional head shot in over a year and half, so it was time!  

Then, while we were leaving, my dog started following me down the road.  So, stopped to pick him up, drove to town to pick up the kiddo & got reamed because momma didn't stop at The Cake Place and get him cupcakes - geeesh!

However, we did get this really, super, fun post up on our Facebook page, that I'm excited about.  It's for the FANS of our page.  We're giving away a fun little item as a "Thank You" to all of our fans.  Once we are open, we will have items for sale - that inventory is still be selected - but it will be tres-chic I promise!


So that's all for now barn-heads, Cheers!   



No comments:

Post a Comment